
The Tisdall Lecture in Communications
I want to thank Charles Tisdall, Barbara Sheffield and the Canadian Public Relations Society for inviting me to give this lecture. I would also like to thank Luc Beauregard and his National Public Relations colleagues in Calgary, Montreal and Toronto for the chance to work so closely together over the last two years.
It is a particular challenge to address such a distinguished group of public relations professionals. I hope to bring you a multi-dimensional perspective based not only on my work with multinational corporations over the last two decades, but also on my State Department experience and my current relationships with major international NGOs. My perspective on the link between corporate reputation and corporate responsibility has been informed most significantly by my work over the last two years with Burson-Marsteller—the gold standard global public relations and public affairs firm. So I come to our subject today both as an insider and an outsider, and hope to be both reflective and provocative.
See full Speech.
