Sunday, October 02, 2005

John Tiner's speech at the IASB meeting with World Standard setters


The Chairman of CESRfin outlines the real opportunity to take a major step towards having global financial reporting standards, consistently interpreted, applied and enforced, across all the major capital markets.

See speech:
Thank you very much for that introduction, may I say that I am extremely pleased to be here today. As mentioned, I am here in my capacity as Chairman of CESRfin which is CESR's permanent group of experts in the field of financial reporting.

My main focus today is on the European securities regulators' interest in financial accounting and the important role that CESR is playing in the endorsement, implementation and enforcement of IFRS in the EU as well as on the equivalence of other accounting standards with IFRS.

See full Speech.