Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Looking at Corporate Governance from the Investor’s Perspective


Commissioner Luis A. Aguilar
Emory University School of Law, Corporate Governance Lecture Series, Atlanta, Georgia


April 21, 2014

Thank you for inviting me to speak in connection with the launch of Emory Law School’s newest journal: The Emory Corporate Governance and Accountability Review. Before I begin my remarks, let me issue the standard disclaimer that the views I express today are my own, and do not necessarily reflect the views of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC” or “Commission”), my fellow Commissioners, or members of the Commission’s staff.

Corporate governance has always been an important topic. It is even more so today, as many Americans recognize the need to develop a more robust corporate governance regime in the aftermath of the deepest financial crisis since the Great Depression.

See full Press Release: http://www.sec.gov/News/Speech/Detail/Speech/1370541547078#.VAmnDfmSx8E