Wednesday, June 06, 2007

In further defence of compliance


Vinnie, Dennis, James and I are having a rather longwinded discussion on Compliance, Governance and Risk , and in partly the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. (We had a similar run in last year)

I don’t really like it when the broader compliance discussion ends up focusing on the costs of section 404 of SOX, but this is where the debate always seems to end up. (I’ll save that rant for another day, but there is more to SOX than audit, more to compliance than SOX, and more to GRC than compliance) In this post I won’t discuss software. I’ll focus on SOX.

Vinnie, I don’t think I am glamourising compliance, but at the risk of being trite I’d suggest that you are looking at business through a set of rose-coloured specs. Options scandals , excessive executive pay anyone?

See full Article.